Friday 27 February 2015

Nomophobia


 


     The study indicated that stress levels induced by the average case of nomophobia are similar in severity to ‘wedding day jitters’ and trips to the dentists. Ten percent of those questioned said they needed to be contactable at all times because of work. It is, however, arguable that the word ‘phobia’ is misused and that in the majority of cases it is only a normal anxiety. More than one in two nomophobes never switch off their mobile phones. The study prompted two editorial columns authored by those who minimize their mobile phone use or choose not to own one at all, treating the condition with levity or outright disbelief.

     Are you a nomophobe or not?  What do you think about it? Is it widespread in our country or not?




2 comments:

  1. I really like the video. It`s so funny:))) If you add some thrilling music in the video, people would look like zombies:))
    I think I wouldn`t be able to give up my laptop and the Internet, not my phone. I don`t like talking much on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like talking much on the phone too. It's a complete disaster for my family when I don't have a phone. Because the mother know what we have to eat or where are some things. For me it's very difficult without a laptop or the Internet.Because I couldn't publish these materials or read all posts:)))

    ReplyDelete