Friday 27 February 2015

#20 A New Vintage Song!

     Hi my dearies! Would you like to add one more lovely song to your playlist? Then listen to and enjoy this one Neil Diamond Solitary Man. I really love it!
     And a few technical moments, of course. Could you read the lyrics and think about the following questions:)) Write you suggestions in the comments section!
1. Why does the singer use the word mine (not my) in Belinda was mine. (not Belinds was my.)
2. A phrasal verb that means to appear.
3. A word that you use when you agree with someone.
4. An adjective that means single, lonely.
5. What happened to Melinda and Sue?
6. What resolution does he make in the song?

8 comments:

  1. 1) I think that a phrasal verb that means to appear is find(found).
    2) When we agree with someone we use "I think(thought)".
    3) An adjective that means single, lonely is solitary.
    4) Melinda was with another man. Sue and the author weren't together too.
    5) He will be a solitary man until he'll find the honest girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marta, but I thing that:
    1) I think that we use "my" with a noun, and "mine" instead of a noun. But I'm not sure )
    2) to apper = came along

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song tough my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! If you like this style songs, I`ll post some more then:) But you still haven`t come up with the right answer for the question #2. You need one word there:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a phrasal verb that means to appear is "come along")

    ReplyDelete
  6. We use "my" before noun and "mine" after noun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments! Now there are correct answers for all of the questions!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4. An adjective that means single, lonely.
    I think it is Solitary (Man)

    ReplyDelete