Thursday 11 December 2014

#4 TIP # 3

Hello my dear students! This time I want to write about a very-very important tip for those who want to SPEAK ENGLISH.

Do you agree that only way to learn to speak English is to practise speaking? The more you speak the more fluent you become. Do you agree? If yes, go on reading.
Imagine a situation. You come to class on Monday and your teacher asks you: - What did you do at the weekend?  - You say: Nothing. Here are some more examples of how students answer their teacher`s questions in class:
- Do you like parties?   - Yes.
- What is your favourite film? - I don`t watch film.
- Tell me about your holiday. - I went to the sea. 
- When was the last time you got late for work? - I am never late.
     Now my next question is HOW are you going to learn to speak if you DON`T SPEAK when you have a chance. Let`s imagine that you were in Italy on holiday and now you go for a coffee with a friend. Is I went to the sea. the ONLY THING you will tell him? Certainly not. You will tell them about your hotel, your guide, the beaches and how much money you spent on your trip and what the weather was like and what you liked and disliked and many adventures you had. SO WHY do you always give such short answers when you are asked in class.
     Even if you are never late for class you can say: I am never late for class because I don`t want other people to wait for me. A lot of my friends are sometimes late and I hate this. Or even more. There are a lot of things to say on each of your teacher`s questions. Just think a while. I know, I know: to think is much more difficult than to say Yes. No. and I don`t know.  You have to think WHAT to say first and then HOW to say that in English. But it becomes easier if you try. And with time you will get used to trying to say more than what just comes to your head at first.

     So SPEAK IN CLASS. Don`t ignore your teacher`s questions because that is the only way to make you speak.To learn how you should speak in class follow this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvL9J4k490 I hope you enjoyed reading this and the tip is really useful helpful.)))

   

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for this video )) It's very informative and funny! I really laughed !!!

    ReplyDelete