Friday 16 January 2015

#11 Do You Make These Mistakes In English?

     Hi ladies and gentlemen! Do you make mistakes when speaking English? If yes, my new rubric is for you! In posts under the label Do You Make These Mistakes In English? we are going to discuss most common mistakes, mistakes that make your speech difficult to understand and mistakes that annoy me as a teacher of English :-) 
So let`s get started!
     What do you think is the most common mispronounced word in English? 
Surprisingly, (in my opinion) it is the word hotel. Try to pronounce it now. Aloud! 
Then check if you are right here:
Did you pronouce hotel right? Here are some more common misspronounced words: 
keys (n)
adult (n)
onion (n)
museum (n)
shop assistant (n)
biscuits (n)
politics (n)
politician (n)
answer (v)
correctly (adv)
FIRST pronounce the first word on the list ALOUD. After that check its pronounciation here http://www.howjsay.com/ Then do the same with the second word.
So how many mistakes did you make? What words did you mispronounce? Write them in the comments section!
   

2 comments:

  1. I made mistakes in:
    Hotel - Готель
    Keys - Ключі
    Onion - Цибуля
    Biscuits - Печиво
    Politics - Політика

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made mistakes almost in each word. I don't want to annoy my teacher )))

    ReplyDelete