Friday 27 March 2015

# 27 Does He Love Her Or Not?

     Hello, my dearies! Do you know what we are going to discuss today? A song again! This time it is Andy Williams Can`t Get Used To Losing You . Listen to the song and read the lyrics afterwards. After you do this I have some questions to you! Unfortunately, I couldn`t find a video together with the lyrics:(
     Question #1 What do the line `Can't get used to losing you` mean?
a) He used her and left her after some time
b) He wants to lose her but he can`t. (She follows him everywhere.)
c) He lost her but he still loves her and misses her.

     Question #2 What do the words in bold in the line `Called up some girl I used to know`mean?
a) He has just met her.
b) He has known her for a long time.
c) He knew her in the past but they no longer keep touch.
      Write your answers in the comments section and also do research what the phrases in bold (get used to doing something and used to do something) mean! I think it would be great if you learn where to use these structures. You are welcome to write more sentences that illustrate their meaning in the comments. 
                            Any question? You are welcome to ask!

3 comments:

  1. 1) c
    2) c
    That's my answers for your questions. But my favorite is 1) b. "She follows him everywhere" :))
    P.S. Nice song

    ReplyDelete
  2. _get used to doing something - we use when we talk about a new situation which is becoming familiar or less strange.
    I can't get used to working at night.I feel tired all time.

    used to+infinitive to talk about past habits or repeated actionsor situations/states which have changed.
    I used to drink five cups of coffe a day,but now I only dring tea.

    ReplyDelete