Friday 13 March 2015

# 24 On Second Conditional!

     Hi! It turned out that this post is our 100th here which is quite memorable!
     In spite of this I have decided to discuss something very down-to-earth today:) In grammar terms today`s topic is called Second Conditional. Although this term usually sounds very boring to students (that is why I added this bright and eye-catching photo:) and even scary, it is actually a very simple thing. Look at the examples below:
  • If I lived in Japan, I would have sushi every day.
  • If I had millions dollars, I would give a lot to charity. 
  • If I met the Queen of England, I would say hello.
     We USE Second Conditional for impossible, unreal and hypothetical situations.
     We MAKE Second Conditional sentences this way: If+Past Simple, ...would+verb... 
     But the highlight of this post is some music:) For more examples, listen to this LOVELY SONG. Pay attention to Second Conditional sentences in there.Note that would is shortened to `d.

10 comments:

  1. Oh,it's very relaxing song.I think I'll remember this song and the second conditional for a long time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you will:) Students always mix them!

      Delete
  2. I found the original video. You could watch it, if you wish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hOwLap5Je8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just seen it:) It is OK. But definitely, not my favourite. I like the song much more:) Do you like the video?

      Delete
    2. Not really. I like your picture much more! ))

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful song) And it`s a good idea to make a short post (remember post) about grammar)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you liked the song:) By the way, what teacher`s posts do you like most: with grammar, pictures, videos? Short or long? I just wonder:)

      Delete
    2. I also like this song Katie Melua – Just Like Heaven))) It was my song of bride on our wedding)))
      And I like not long and not short posts with grammar and pictures)))

      Delete
    3. That`s a very soft and tender song. Did you dance to this song on your wedding?

      Delete
  4. Noo(((My husband doesn`t like to dance(

    ReplyDelete